Monday, August 13, 2007

An Embarrassment of Riches

We had Jack's birthday party this past Saturday. Instead of having everybody over to our house, we decided to have the kid party at Next Dimension Gymnastics. What a great time! There's nothing quite like watching twenty three-year-olds having the time of their lives, jumping on trampolines, sliding into the giant foam pit, running through obstacle courses, rippling a parachute, and climbing up a rope ladder.

And Jack got such great presents. I get so weird about that - don't get me wrong, I honestly do appreciate the generosity shown by all of Jack's guests and their parents. But sometimes I wonder if, and worry that, any of the parents think I've invited them/their child so we can get a present. Honestly, if everyone showed up and gave Jack a coloring book, I'd be happy. I'm sure Jack would be, too. Like I said, I get weird about stupid stuff like that. Like I'm embarrassed and uncomfortable to have such wonderful friends. I'm such a geek.

No comments: