Monday, August 13, 2007

The Tedster

I feel like I've given Ted, our second son, the short shrift. All of my entries so far seem to have focused on Jack with nary a mention of the Tedster.

I knew that it was possible to love two children equally and with all of your heart but, wow, is it an amazing experience. And even though I've already been through all of Jack's milestones, witnessing all of Teddy's are like seeing them for the very first time all over again. The novelty just doesn't wear off.

I love that you can tell that he and Jack are brothers, but Ted looks like Ted. He definitely has John's eyes. And what a pleasant surprise that they've stayed blue! Because of Teddy, I learned that my great grandmother (who I knew as Babci) had blue eyes. A small detail, I know, but I never knew that.

I love his laugh. I love listening to him shriek with glee and babble when he's in his crib in the morning. I love watching Jack make him laugh. I'm excited to watch him try to keep up with his big brother, and I'm excited to watch him grow up.

Oh, did I mention that he's a wookie, too? Ted makes these amazingly adorable gurgley trills that sound like Chewbacca. He is just too freakin' cute.

No comments: