Tuesday, December 8, 2009

You Can't Write This Stuff

I am very glad that today is Tuesday because it means that Monday is over.  I'm hoping that it wasn't a harbinger of things to come for the rest of the week.  What was so horrible about Monday, you ask?  Well, let me tell you:
  1. T woke us up at around 1:30am saying he had to poop.  Hubster gets up and goes to help him.  When I heard Hub saying "Uh oh, uh oh, uh oh!" I knew what was going on.  The poor kid had pooped in his underpants and it was seeping out the leg holes and down his legs.  I think it took about seven wipes to get it all off his legs.  And I almost gagged washing out his underpants in the sing.  Poor kid.
  2. T then woke up at around 5:30 and was ready for the day to start.  Also, since he's a toddler, his "inside voice" is basically shouting, so I was woken to his "inside voice" announcing that he wanted to watch television.
  3. Took T and S to the pediatrician for a follow up appointment (they had ear infections because they were so congested after having the flu).  Had to circle the front parking lot twice and the back lot once.  Found at least three empty spots that my minivan could not fit into because people either (a) cannot adequately center their car between the lines, or (b) give up entirely on fitting between the lines and take up 1.2 parking spaces for their precious vehicle. 
  4. On the way out of the doctor's office, I stopped to schedule T's and S's yearly checkups.  The woman taking appointments then told me that our pediatrician is out on a personal leave of absence.  She didn't share much other than that it wasn't due to a medical issue but her behavior was, I don't know, weird?  I left with the feeling that this leave wasn't exactly the ped's decision but instead was pushed on her (she used to practice in another of the practice's offices, and I was told by an acquaintance that she was moved because she asked that her appointments be twenty minutes instead of ten, and the office wanted to "send her a message")
  5. By lunchtime, I was knocked out because we did a Santa Train Ride the night before and the kids didn't get to bed until almost nine.  Tried to take a nap on the couch with T while S was down in his crib, but T either ground his head into my sternum or kicked nonstop.
  6. When J got in the house after school, he told me that he fell asleep on the bus (see #5) and when he woke, he pooped in his pants.  It wasn't as messy as T's early morning surprise, but it was basically the same thing.  Poor kid.  I hope nobody on the bus noticed.
At least I had yoga last night...  om shanti...

No comments: