Friday, December 10, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Had a very interesting conversation with a neighbor/friend of mine this morning.  She writes for some magazines you have most definitely read (perhaps in the dentist's office, hair salon, or in line at the grocery store), and she's a lot of fun to talk to. 

We've spoken about some of the topics I want to write about, and she has always been very supportive.  She mentioned the possibility of me blogging for a well known website, which I find both exciting and scary as hell.  I know this is all pie in the sky at this point, but still...  The spectre of writing for money (even if it pays $50 per blog entry) is very exciting, but the pressure of having to deliver a server-ready piece several times a week is a bit daunting.  Okay, a lot daunting.  Oh, and there's that bit about baring my soul to millions of strangers.  That is definitely a scary prospect, but what scares me more is knowing that lots of friends and family will seek out my writing. 

And if people I know are going to seek out my writing, and if I'm going to get paid for it, it's probably in my best interest to get back on the blog.  So here I am.

I'm thinking I might publish under a pseudonum.  That might work...  any suggestions? 

No comments: