Sunday, December 26, 2010

Well, That Was Short Lived

...my stint as a regular blog poster.  You're shocked, I can tell.  You just *knew* that this time was for real, that I would stick with it, that I wouldn't peter out.

Bwahahahahahahaha

But seriously, the thought of blogging thrice weekly about my life forced me to consider some important questions, primarily:  Do I really want to share very personal aspects of my daily life with not just strangers, but with my friends and family?  Honestly, divulging personal details to a bunch of readers I've never seen or met before on the Internet doesn't feel very scary to me.  Change that to a bunch of people who know me and suddenly it scares the bejeezus out of me.  And that brings up a whole other level of privacy:  how fair is it to the Hubster and the kids to put some very personal and possibly unflattering things about them on the Interwebz for all time, and for all who know us, to read?

As much as I want to write, I don't want to unnecessarily cause discomfort or pain to my family doing it.  Besides, my initial goal was never to be a "mommy blogger."  It was to write more one-off pieces (eg, I wrote a piece on my perspective as the mom of three boys) or more research-driven pieces.

So now I go back to the drawing board, sort of.  I will still blog, but as of now I have no idea how frequently.  Sometimes I might share something funny that happened, other times I might respond to an article I read that got me thinking.

So that's that.  I suppose a good New Year's resolution would be to keep polishing my writing, and work on creating several pieces that could be published.  (Note to Sensei's wife - haven't thought about where just yet.  I'll get to that... eventually ;)

Oh yeah, and one last thing - a big special note of gratitude to Sensei's Wife - if not for her keen eye and honest criticism, I would not have given this a fraction of the thought that I have in 2010.  I couldn't ask for a better friend, not just as a writer, but as a human  :D

No comments: