Sunday, December 12, 2010

What I'd Like to Know

I know how my marriage and family work.  I have limited knowledge of how my friends' marriages and families work.  But I have no idea if we are the norm, if we are normal for where in the US we live, or if we are complete outliers.

I want to know if the conflicts that my husband and I have as spouses and as parents are typical.  I suspect that they are, but I would still like to know how other marriages and families work:  Do dual income families have different reasons for the same conflicts than do families where parents fulfill traditional roles?  Are the conflicts specific to one or both of the parents' line of work?  Does the gender of the children play a part?

I realize that it is probably impossible to design an experiment that will find these answers using the scientific method, but I still want to know. 

No comments: