- Let a two and a half year old carry a container of lighter fluid ("It has a childproof cap!")
- Put a fifteen month old on top of a five-foot tall climbing structure, tell him to jump, and catch him
- Let a five and a half year old girl play outside without a shirt (it wasn't that hot out)
- Let a two and a half year old brush his own teeth and not go back to rebrush
- Issue idle threats when a four year old hits and throws wood chips at other children
- I know there are gazillions more, but I just can't think of them right now.
Some of these happened to my children, by my beloved. Heavy sigh.