Saturday, June 13, 2009

Variety is the spice of life

Seriously. In what parenting book is it written that kids should only listen to kids' music and nothing else?

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against the Wiggles. Hub and I took the kids to see them last November (second row seats!) and the grownups enjoyed it more than the kids. Heck, I even dedicated an entire blog entry to Greg Page. But there comes a time when just can't listen to "Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy" anymore without wanting to tear your hair out.

When I hit this point, I like to put the ipod on shuffle and let the songs fall where they may. Skipping, of course, anything with inappropriate lyrics or songs that I'm just not in the mood to hear right then and there. Hub finds it amusing, but there are times when nothing will soothe like "Baby You Can Drive My Car."

And it totally made my day when J told me that he liked "Christine Sixteen" by Kiss.

Rock on, baby brotha!

No comments: