Saturday, April 24, 2010

Moving On

My neighbor and I held the swap that we organized.  To put it nicely, it was a bust.  Two families showed up; one because the wife's parents live nearby and told her about it, and the other to drop off some sporting equipment.  The upside is that my neighbor has a friend with a pickup truck who will bring our things to a local charity.

What struck me as strange about today's swap/donation was my reaction to getting rid of my things.  I got rid of all of the baby things that all three boys used as infants:  cradle swing, bouncy seat, baby carrier, bathtub, play gym, bottles, and boxes and bags of clothing from newborn to toddler sizes.  Of course as I'm typing this, I'm starting to feel sad, almost mournful, but for the most part I'm ready to move on.

I will miss my babies, but they're growing up to be such wonderful boys.  I'm looking forward to all of their new milestones as they grow.

No comments: