Monday, April 5, 2010

Selfish

There needs to be a better word.  Selfish has such negative connotations.  When was the last time you called somebody selfish and meant it in a positive way?  But, I digress...

I have been slowly realizing that I need to be a little more selfish.  And by that, I mean I need to exercise more self care.  Don't get me wrong; I love my children.  I adore them and am grateful that I am able to stay home and raise them.  However, I have also completely sacrificed my own person in the process.  I don't do nearly enough to replenish my coffers.  I haven't had a manicure or pedicure since July 2007.  The last time the Hub and I went away without the kids was in the fall of 2008.  Seriously.  It's high time I change that. 

I started by going out to dinner last Thursday with some girlfriends.  And I had a fantastic time!  Great food, great company, grown-up conversation.  I can't wait to do it again!

What's next?  Some more mundane things - involvement at the kids' schools and in town, but I do want to plan a nice romantic overnight for me and the Hub.  Hmm, where to go?  Planning this will be fun... :)

No comments: