Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No Wonder!

It just occurred to me today (yeah, I know) why I've been such a raving bitch for the past five years.  Please allow me to enumerate:
  • When J was a baby, my MIL used to come over once a week.  She would arrive at noon, stretch out with a book on my couch when J would go down for a nap ("Oh, why don't you go lay down and take a nap, too?"), and stay until 8:00pm.  Every fucking week until I flipped my shit.  Seriously.
  • About six months after weaning J, I got pregnant with T.  See above.  MIL continued her weekly "pretend to be mommy" visits until J transitioned from the crib into a toddler bed and started MDO.
  • When J was two and a half, T joined us.  I then took care of two little boys by myself all day, with little opportunity for a break.  J went to preschool at age three, but that was for a total of five hours a week.
  • At this time, I seem to recall visiting the ILs with some regularity.  I don't dislike them at all, but their house is not baby-friendly, and they are selfish in the sense that they don't think about how their environment affects other people, specifically their grandchildren.  So I would spend each visit trailing after the boys, making sure they didn't break anything while the Hubster and his parents would have a nice leisurely visit.
  • Right after weaning T, I got pregnant again.  My OB thought it might be twins.  Sadly, the pregnancy was a blighted ovum, for which I needed a D&C.
  • Two months after that, I got pregnant with S.  Anyone with three kids will tell you that the third one throws you completely for a loop.  They are absolutely correct.
  • Fortunately, at this time, my parents moved nearby.  I cannot stress enough how their arrival has significantly impacted my moods and mental health for the better.
And the Hubster (and the ILs) had the nerve to comment (behind my back, no less) about how angry I seem.  Gee, I wonder why?  Could it be because I've been a stay at home mom for almost six years with little opportunity to do much for myself?  Because whenever I try to go out for a girls' night I get shit?  Hmm?

(I apologize for the cranky, snarky attitude.  I blame it on the yeast die-off resulting from my current anti-Candida diet).

No comments: