Friday, June 25, 2010

Random Redux

My one fan (yay! I have a follower!) posted a comment that in my last post, I merely touched on all of the transitions I'm experiencing.

So, how do I feel about that?  How am I dealing with them?

Well, truth be told, I've always had a hard time shifting gears, both personally and professionally.  Could it be because I'm such a perfectionist that once I've mastered a job, instead of transferring to a new position or department, I need a complete change of venue?  Or is it because, as an overachiever, I have a hard time going from the expert at something to the neophyte while working with the same people?

The number of transitions happening simultaneously is taking a toll, and mostly because I have little control over them.  J is feeling his oats a little now that he's finished kindergarten.  T is testing limits and has taken to hitting S.  S will be mobile this summer.  I need to be better about eliminating problem foods from my diet.  Hubster is being called by recruiters.  The only transition that is completely within my control is my diet.  I can't control J's behavior, force T not to hit S, nor can I confine S's movement.  Hub's job situation is in his hands.

Oh, and for the first time in six years, I am not pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to get pregnant.

Perhaps this is why I've been wistful for my past, and a little too interested in the Twilight saga...

No comments: