Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The final stretch

Today is the last day of November.  That means several things:

  • The Official Countdown to Christmas begins tomorrow (it's only Official if chocolate-filled Nativity calendars are involved)
  • Holy crap, I have less than twenty four days to figure out gifts for my kids' teachers
  • And sign up to bring something for each of their classroom holiday parties
  • And for these blasted contractors to finish carpeting the family room, install my kitchen backsplash, and finish the trim on the first floor (I'm not going to bitch about what is or isn't going on upstairs until 2012)
It also means something else:  I have accomplished my goal to publish a blog post a day during the month of November.

Alright, Professor Technicality, I know what you're thinking.  You're hung up on those days I missed.  All four of them (you can count if you must, but I *did* just go and check myself).  There are very good reasons why I missed those four days of blogging:

November 1 - I started a day late, after blowing an ill-conceived attempt at NaNoWriMo.
November 7 - I have no idea why I didn't blog this night.  I'll give you this one.
November 9 - Birthday dinner for a friend.  It was mandatory.
November 19 - Went to dinner then saw Breaking Dawn Part 1 with friends.  (This is quite possibly the most legitimate reason for missing a night of blogging.  Ever.  Well, short of attending the Breaking Dawn premiere and scoring a picture of myself with Robert Pattinson...)

So there you have it.  I have spent (almost) each evening in November writing.  Most of it was on the fly, not very planned, and not heavily structured or edited.  But I'm quite proud of my little accomplishment here (reaches around to pat herself on the back).

What next?  Well, fortunately (depending on how you look at it), I plan to keep blogging.  Maybe not every day, but most of them.  

And who knows, maybe one day somebody will pay me to write for them.  (Okay, maybe not money-is-no-longer-an-object, buy-myself-a-Lexus-because-I-can, Mommy-needs-a-brand-new-wardrobe big bucks, but a little bit of mad money would be a nice start.)

Bring on December!

No comments: