Monday, November 28, 2011

It's time...

...to place my credit cards in a big bowl of water and freeze them.

Sadly, though, that will only do so much.  See, I have my Amex card number memorized.  Comes in dangerously handy when shopping online.

On the up side, I am quite certain that my Christmas shopping is DONE.  Kids?  Done.  Hubster?  Done.  Annual photo albums for the grandparents?  Done.  Birthday presents for T and S?  Done and Done.  Birthday present for Baby Jesus?  Done.

I know, you're just dying to know what I got everybody.  Bad news, my friend.  I cannot divulge the contents of the boys' presents.  Just not gonna do it (yes, please do use your George H. W. Bush voice when reading that line; I did it too).  However, I will share that Baby Jesus will be getting the Thinkfun Flipover Game.  I'm not really sure what that is, but it sounds like it'll be a hit amongst the preschoolers in T's class.  (T attends Pre-K at the local Catholic elementary school.  Instead of buying gifts for the teachers, they request items for the classroom that each child brings in, unwraps, and presents to the class.  I think it's a nice way to introduce T to our Catholic faith while helping the teachers stock the classroom with toys that all of the preschoolers will enjoy for a long time.  But that's just me.)

All I have to do now is order Christmas cards.  Of course, this requires that I take the annual Christmas Card Photo.  Mind you, this takes some doing.  Trying to get three little boys to simultaneously look at the camera and smile is like herding cats.  You're laughing.  Something tells me that you've neither herded cats nor tried to photograph three boys under the age of eight.  And let me tell you, you just haven't lived until you've tried herding cats or taking a photograph of three boys under the age of eight.

If you're interested in the photography bit, let me know.  'Cause I've got some boys, some Christmas pajamas, and a Christmas card that's in need of a cute photo.

No comments: