Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I am blessed.  I have many things for which to be thankful.  Among them:


My husband 
Sure, he gets on my nerves sometimes, but let's face it.  I'm not a ball of fun 100% of the time myself.  I love that guy more each day, and I am thankful to have him by my side on this journey.

My kids  
Sure, they get on my nerves sometimes, but let's face it.  They're kids.  They're supposed to do that from time to time.  But for the vast majority of the time, they are just awesome little people.  They are each developing their own personality and as much as I am enamored by them, I am equally amazed by them and grateful that I get to have them every day for the next few years.

My extended family
I am so fortunate that my parents live in the same town we do.  I am grateful that they are always able and willing to help us watch the kids so I can take someone to an activity, get my hair done, or go out to dinner with my husband.  Although I wish I could see them more frequently, I love that my brothers are among my closest friends.  And I am grateful for all of the other people I was lucky enough to be related to by blood or by marriage, and that I like to be with them (most of the time).

My health
Yeah, I have some annoying things going on, like allergies to wheat, and peanuts, and lettuce (yes, lettuce.  shut up, it sucks).  And the tendonitis in my shoulder is still bothering me.  But on the whole, I have no health concerns.  Through the Hubster's job, I have health care coverage, so I can go to the doctor if I'm sick.  But that doesn't really happen all that often.  And for that, I am grateful.

My friends
They commiserate when the kids are giving me a hard time or The Hubster is aggravating me.  They lend me a sympathetic ear when I need to get something off my chest.  We support each other as we navigate our jobs as full-time moms.  We drive each other's kids home when we need an extra hand.  And they are even more fun to be with when we can go out without our kids and let our hair down.

I hope you all have as many things about which to be thankful!

No comments: