Saturday, September 11, 2010

All Gave Some, Some Gave All

On Facebook today, so many people were posting where they were on September 11, 2001.

It's interesting to read posts of friends who live in the midwest, and have lived there their whole lives.  I mean no disrespect to them, but I don't know that people who weren't in the New York metro area, near Schwenksville, PA, or Washington, DC, or are close to someone who was in one of those areas, or who spent a significant amount of time in one of those areas, experienced September 11th in quite the same way.

But first, I need to get a petty pet peeve off my chest:  PLEASE DO NOT REFER TO SEPTEMBER 11TH AS "911."  911 IS THE EMERGENCY NUMBER, 9/11 IS THE DATE.

Thank you.  Back to what I was rambling about...

I remember exactly where I was when I found out what happened.  I could look out my office window and see only one tower still standing.  I remember calling my mother and grandmother in PA to let them know that I was okay.  I remember calling my then fiance (our wedding was eleven days later), who told me that his friend T was probably at the towers, since he was FDNY Special Ops.  I remember telling him that hopefully T wasn't at the towers, since it looked really bad.

My memories of September 11th may fade, but I will never forget.  Rest in peace, all of you who we lost that day.

No comments: