Friday, September 3, 2010

Give Me A Break

And if anyone hands me a piece of that Kit Kat bar, I'm gonna smack them.  Seriously.

I'm not annoyed any more, but two and a half hours ago, I was.  I called Hubs a couple of times (in the office, and another couple of times on his cell) to see when he would be leaving work.  Of course, no answer on either line.  I don't know why it took me a couple of hours to figure it out, but I eventually did.  The stinker went golfing! 

Now, if I told Hubs that I was going to go grocery shopping and came home three and a half hours later because I decided to hit the mall first, I would expect him to be annoyed.  Rightly so, too.

Don't get me wrong.  I don't have a problem with him golfing, or with taking a break.  But doing so without at least picking up his office phone (he told me his cell phone died... grrr)?  Come on. 

And I could use a break, too.  I know, I've heard his argument - I should be grateful that we can afford for me to stay home.  I am.  I would much rather stay at home with my boys than go to work every day.  But let's be honest.  Don't you think Derek Jeter needs a day off every once in a while?  As much as Bruce Springsteen loves performing live, I'm sure he needs a break.  Heck, even GOD rested on the seventh day, and He's the Almighty. 

I think I just need to get over it and take that three and a half hour grocery shopping trip.  Perhaps tomorrow?

No comments: