Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What Is With People?

I went shopping with S today while J and T were at school.  I noticed something.  Well, actually, I've known this for some time, but it was once again demonstrated that Many People Are Rude.

First, we went to Osh Kosh.  S needed pants that were long enough but also narrow enough in the waist so he didn't walk out of them.  He's 20 months old and in the 97th %ile for height and rather skinny; it's harder than one would think to find pants that fit him.  But I digress..

So, at Osh Kosh.  I'm pushing S in a six and a half year old stroller, it's a beast, but I do my best not to take the clothing racks with me or run into anyone's ankles.  Apparently, I'm a freak of nature because at least two other women (mothers, mind you) are blocking aisles and when I try to get by, they IGNORE ME.  Seriously.  They know I'm there; I even did the whole fake-surprised thing and apologized.  One woman DID NOT EVEN LOOK AWAY FROM THE MERCHANDISE.  Gah.

After doing some damage at Osh Kosh, I headed to Kohl's to meet my mother.  She had a 30% off coupon and I needed some underwear (ooh - exciting!).  We went down to the lower level to look at the shoes (sadly, nothing good).  It's bad enough that many of the aisles are not stroller-friendly; mirrored posts block many of them.  But I tried to go around an island of shoes in the main aisle, and this woman JUST STOOD THERE TRYING ON SHOES, IGNORING ME.  Again, I know she knew I was there; I said "excuse me" rather clearly.  And don't play that "My hearing isn't what it used to be," Mrs. I'm-A-Senior-Citizen-So-You-Should-Show-Me-Some-Respect-And-Let-Me-Do-Whatever-I-Damn-Well-Please.  You were being rude, and even my mother saw it.  Double Gah.

But on the upside, I bought an article of clothing with what is quite possibly the stupidest name ever given to an article of clothing.  Yes, I am now the proud owner of JEGGINGS.  Ugh, how I loathe that word.  So much that I think I threw up a little in my mouth.  Bleagh.

No comments: