Friday, September 24, 2010

One Day...

One day... I will be able to attend a family function and have multiple conversations with other adults.

Tonight was the elementary school's Father's Club Barbecue.  Hubster chose to go golfing, so I decided to take the three boys myself.

It wasn't that bad.

J and T spent pretty much the entire time with J's friend (and former classmate) M and his brother T.  They're both really good boys, so I was happy that my guys chose to play with them all night.  Their mom is also really nice, so it was a bonus all around.  It also helps that J and T are old enough that I don't need to be within ten feet of them at all times any more.

S, however, is a different story.

The reason I was unable to converse with anyone at length was because S was keeping me on my toes.  I'm not mad; he's twenty-one months old so it's to be expected.  And fortunately he's a really happy kid.  He was busy jumping all over the lawn, dancing to the DJ's music, attempting to climb the playstructure amid kids several years older and larger than him, making friends with anyone who would pay him attention, and just plain ol' running.

All in all, though, I had fun.  And the boys did, too.  I'm glad we went.

No comments: