Monday, September 6, 2010

Taking a Page from a Comedian

Oh no I di'int! 

We had company today.  And I decided to take a page from Eddie Murphy, Comedian.  Oh yes, I did. 

Remember the bit where Eddie talks about his family, and how his father would get drunk and slur, "This is my house, bitch!  And if you don' like it, you can getdafukout!"?  Yeah, I borrowed that attitude today.  I didn't get drunk, and I wasn't nasty, but I politely held my ground.

T and I ran to the grocery store to get some things for lunch, and when we got home, they had already arrived.  And, as is typical, everyone was talking in the kitchen.  I walked in carrying four grocery bags, and said, "Hi guys.  I don't mean to be rude, but could you all please talk inside so I can unpack?" 

I know, that doesn't sound like a big deal, but for someone who has a tendency to quietly seethe instead of speaking up, it was pretty big for me.

That's all I've got.  For now...

No comments: