Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Did It!

I know, I took a couple of nights off.  I needed to recover.  Allow me to explain:

I did it!  Success!

I threw Hubster a surprise un-40th birthday party on Sunday.  I started planning this back in the summer, and he only figured it out on Saturday because he found the two cases of beer (under a blanket) when he was looking for a ladder to paint windowsills.  So, it would have been nice if that didn't happen, but by that point I just didn't care; I was so excited for him to see his high school and college friends again.

Hub's highlight of the day was pretty much everything - he was so excited to see his friends, including a good friend from college we haven't seen in over eight years (her husband, also a good friend from college, was FDNY and perished in the 9/11 attacks).

My highlight of the day was Hubs telling me that the party was the best present anyone has ever given him.  I am so glad; to quote the Dubya, "Mission Accomplished."

No comments: