Sunday, August 22, 2010

At Last - Success!

I ran to the health food store this afternoon to get some supplements.  On the way home, I decided to stop at Kohl's to try on some bras, since that's where I had luck last time.  The stars were lined up again today.

I had a rather short list of requirements as far as the bra's construction is concerned:
  • It must have underwire
  • It must be padded and a push-up
  • It has to look good on me, whether or not I am wearing a top (this is where things get tricky)
While the bra department is rather small, I took my time looking around, inspecting the wares to determine which styles to try on.  I found fourteen candidates, and went to the fitting room.

As expected, there were more misses than hits.  Among the styles that didn't fit for various reasons:
  • Lily of France - very cute on the hanger, but on me it puckered at the top
  • Wonderbra - looked promising, but it was too loose at the top
  • So - fit well and looked cute, but there just wasn't enough padding (it's a junior's bra)
  • Candie's - cute, worked in the past, but the push-up style was too loose at the top
  • Barely There - I didn't even bother trying it on because of the minimal padding
  • Maidenform - purported to add a cup, but it was too lose at the top
On the upside, I found three different styles that fit well, looked good on (with and without a T-shirt) and hit all of the important points.  They are:
  • Daisy Fuentes Extreme Lace Push Up
  • Apt. 9 Add a Cup Satin Push Up
  • Simply Vera Bliss Mesh Push Up 
I know, it's kind of silly to get this worked up over bra shopping, but after my Victoria's Secret debacle, this was a delicious victory. 

Finally!

No comments: