Monday, August 2, 2010

Catching Up

I haven't been here in a few days.  I've missed it, having an outlet for my thoughts.  It's been a busy few days.

Saturday was J's sixth birthday.  It was also the day of his party.  We had about thirty five kids (yes, you did read that correctly.  THIRTY-FIVE kids), along with a bounce house, three gigantic pizzas, ice cream cake, and a pinata stuffed with Silly Bandz.  A good time was had by all, I hope, with the exception of pinata drama.  My mistake was not shaking the pinata so that the booty was sprayed throughout the crowd.  Some kids (ahem, the birthday boy included) walked off with a dozen Silly Bandz while others were in tears because they got none.  But I am pretty sure that everyone had a good time.

Saturday night there was a carnival at the lake.  A woman wanted to hold a carnival for her 50th birthday party but had nowhere to put the rides.  The lake was planning a members event, and thus the members' carnival came to be.  The boys were still wound up after the party, so the carnival was icing on the cake.  They had a blast.

Sunday was the family party.  My parents, the in-laws, my aunt and uncle, and my youngest brother came to celebrate.  We still had the bounce house, and incredible sausage and peppers and cavatelli from a local Italian restaurant.  I was still exhausted from Saturday (I didn't eat much at all), so I probably wasn't the best company. 

I'm still recovering today.  I took a nap this afternoon and woke still drained.  I even stayed home from yoga that's how tired I am. 

I'm hoping to be back to normal by tomorrow.

No comments: