Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Excellent Customer Service

I went to get my hair cut and colored today.  The last time I got it cut, I tried a new salon and really liked how KM cut my hair.  I knew it was a really good cut when it grew in and still looked good.  So when it was time for a trim, I decided to go back to KM and have her do my color as well.

The cut looks great, again, but what I was really impressed by how KM handled the color.  After blowdrying my hair, she told me that she wasn't thrilled with how the color turned out - she didn't pull it through to the ends - so she wasn't going to charge me for it.  I admitted that I was wondering why she didn't do that, but didn't say anything because I figured she knew what she was doing.  She told me to call her in a few days to let her know if I wanted to come back to have it fixed.  That is good customer service.

I will definitely call KM to go back and have my color done - if only to thank her for her honesty and her time. 

Sadly, my experience with KM today was an exception and not the rule.  More often than not, I find that people just do not give a crap whether or not their customers are happy.  I don't know if it's because the economy stinks, because employees in general are apathetic because employers are forcing them as individuals to do the same amount of work that was formerly done by three people, or if the workforce is the product of parents who both worked full time, or divorced and, out of guilt, overcompensated by giving their kids material possessions instead of time.

Regardless, until KM starts giving me crappy cuts, I'm gonna stick with her.  She's more concerned that I look good than with lining her pockets.  She earned my loyalty today.

No comments: