Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Grownup Time

The hubster has scheduled a weeklong vacation at the end of the month.  I want to spend two days of that week on a romantic getaway, just the two of us.  My parents have even agreed to watch the kids for us.  Do you know what his reaction was when I asked him how he felt about an overnight in the city?  He said he'd rather just stay at home.  Seriously.  What the hell is wrong with him?

I realize that work is stressful.  I don't have many friends whose husbands are honestly happy with their jobs right now.  The economy is tough, and most companies now want to get as much work done with the smallest staff.  Can't have our CEOs not get a bonus, right? 

But what really pisses me off is his seemingly complete disinterest in spending time with me alone, without our kids.  In some posh hotel.  Sleeping as late as we want.  Eating at a swanky restaurant, drinking wine, and not having to worry about little people's table manners.

Well, screw him.  I'm booking a romantic little getaway.  And if I have to drag him kicking and screaming, so be it.  He'll thank me later.

No comments: