Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Click, Clack, Mmmm?

Been busy typing tonight.  There's a topic I've been meaning to write about for quite some time, and I decided that tonight was the night to put pen to paper fingers to keyboard.  It's not finished by any means, but I think it's a good start. 

In case you're wondering, I have decided what I want to do as a professional.  (can you guess?)  I want to write.  For money.  And I am pretty confident that I can do it.  I can see myself writing articles for publication in parenting magazines, and I have a couple of ideas that I want to flesh out, possibly as nonfiction books.  Of course, such writing will require more discipline, time, experience, and finesse than I currently possess, but I am not worried that all of those things and more will come.

So I suppose that I need to add "take writing courses" to my list of things to do.  I'm actually getting excited typing this.  It makes it feel real, that it will happen.

1 comment:

Sensei's Wife said...

Now that you've made the decision to become a writer, that begs the following question: what is going to differentiate you from all the other writers of non-fiction and in parenting magazines? What's your different spin? What's your expertise? I'm not trying to be difficult, but if you're going to do this, you need to be able to market yourself. Family-centric writing is hot and topical these days. What's going to be your spin?