Thursday, July 15, 2010

Cranky Cop

My kids are driving me crazy.  I put them to bed a good half an hour ago, and since then this herd of elephants has taken over the second floor. 

I'm at a loss.  When they just don't want to go to bed, I don't mind if they read.  But that would be too easy.  No, instead they have to incite chaos.  T likes to take items from the hamper and line them up outside the bathroom door while I wash my face.  Or dump them down the stairs.  Sometimes J will suggest things for T to do, and T is only too happy to comply.

I threaten them with all sorts of things.  I dangle carrots (buying lunch or ice cream at the lake instead of bringing snacks from home), but they don't seem to care.  They still misbehave.  Apparently a cheeseburger from the canteen isn't worth going straight to bed.  Even tomorrow night's watermelon bingo event isn't enough to get them to lay down.  I was really looking forward to going to that stupid bingo tomorrow night.

I guess the upside is that I haven't yet spent a penny at the canteen this summer.

No comments: