Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Melting

We're in the midst of a nasty heat wave here on the East Coast. 

It's 9:30pm as I type and it's currently 86 degrees out.  The last time I experienced this kind of heat at this hour of the night was when my brother moved to Arizona about ten years ago.  And since this is the east and not the desert, we also have humidity mixed in with the ruthless heat, making it ruthless and oppressive.

I don't do very well in this weather.  Earlier today the Hubster commented that he thought I loved summer.  I explained that I did, but when it's 80 degrees with low humidity.  I do not do well in excessive heat and humidity.  Did I say that already?  It makes me lethargic, headachy, cranky, and just not very pleasant to be around in general.  I spent much of the day inside, enjoying the air conditioning.  I did venture out for about a half an hour to join the kids in the sprinkler, but I still ended up with sweat dripping down my chest.

It was, as a neighbor friend would say, a three shower day.

No comments: