Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wrong Choice

On my weekly shopping run, I decided to stop and pick up a bottle of wine. 

I had recently read (and cut out) an newspaper item that listed good, better, and best choices for different varieties of wine.  But of course, I couldn't remember what the "best" choices were for Chardonnay - was it Mondavi or Kendall Jackson?  I went with the Mondavi (CK Mondavi, not Robert Mondavi), which was so the wrong choice.

I should have known that things weren't going to go so smoothly when I cut the foil off what was a screwtopped bottle.  (at least I have a VacuVin sealer)  I grabbed a glass, and poured myself some wine.  I wasn't too thrilled with the wine's smell; there was a strong alcohol smell instead of fruit.  Unfortunately, that strong alcohol smell translated into a strong alcohol taste as well.

Although it wasn't the greatest, the wine still did what it was supposed to do - I felt sufficiently relaxed and happy after drinking it.  And motivated me to make a note in my iPhone listing the good, better, and best Chardonnay choices.

That said, I'm still going to dump it out as soon as I can buy a bottle of Kendall Jackson.

No comments: