Friday, July 16, 2010

In Case You're Wondering, I'm Still Cranky

For two reasons:
  1. My monthly bill arrived.  And I'm crampy.
  2. It's been so freakin' humid that I'm ready to melt
That damned humidity arrived early this year.  Usually it's not until August when the "three Hs" take up residence here in the northeast. 

I can't stand humidity.  And we've had a buttload of it lately.  I ended up not taking the kids to the lake after lunch today as punishment (T took forever to eat his lunch, making it not worth going since S needed to take a nap), and it turned out to be a blessing and not a curse.  Instead, we went after S's nap and had dinner there, and a friend told me that it was so humid that she ended up leaving after less than an hour.

Did I mention that it's That Time of the month?  Yeah, that added little bonus of cramps, bloating, fatigue, irritability, and everything else that goes with the monthly joy of being female makes enduring humid weather (and its effect on certain little people with whom I share a home) that much more of a challenge.

What do I do to survive?  Air conditioning.  Television.  And time outs for Mommy.

Fret not, dear readers.  I should be back to (relatively) normal by Monday.  Or tomorrow, if I remember to pick up a bottle of Chardonnay during my weekly grocery run.

No comments: