Thursday, July 8, 2010

Got to Get the Timing Down

I went to my naturopath this week to review the results of my neurotransmitter test.  It wasn't much of a surprise.

Turns out that I have high norepinepherine levels and low serotonin levels.  What does that mean?  Well, an excess of norepinepherine will cause irritability and anxiety, and low serotonin levels will cause insomnia.  Sounds like a recipe for someone you really want to spend time with, doesn't it?  A sleep-deprived, anxious cranky stay-at-home mom?

As a result, I have added some new supplements to my regimen.  Hopefully the 5-HTP and 200mg of Zen (seriously, that's what it's called) will help transform me into smooth, (relatively) even-tempered mamma.

In other news, a visit to a certain author's website got me inspired.  I've been producing, in fits and starts, snippets of scenes, beginnings of ideas, and tonight, a more fleshed out outline.  I'm hopeful that I can get something out of this.

No comments: